Planning your annual vacation should be a fun activity but all too often turns into a rushed, stressed, last minute task. Narrowing down your options for your upcoming vacation can be overwhelming. Matching up schedules, best pricing, the most bang for your buck, along with a resort that will meet your activity level can be a challenge – which I will accept! When you contact a travel professional (yes –me, this is what I do!) they know the questions to ask to be able to provide options in your budget range, meet the qualifications that you have in mind , and make suggestions and recommendations for things that you did not even think of. If what you desire is not possible, a good agent will let you know that and provide alternatives. Whether you know where you want to go or have no idea at all, here are some of the qualifying questions that I may ask to help you coordinate your vacation:
- How long do you want to be gone?
- Do you have dates in mind, and are they flexible?
- How many people are traveling? Any children? If so, what are their ages?
- Where have you traveled in the past?
- What is your favorite vacation/destination so far?
- Do you have an approximate budget for this trip?
- Are you thinking 3/4/5 star accommodations?
Answering the above questions will be a great start to customizing your vacation and providing initial options.
Where’s your paradise?